The first summer heat wave is upon us. Before leaving your home in the morning, you can take a few quick steps to save money and energy throughout these hot summer days.
- Close the blinds, shades and curtains. Reducing the amount of light let in can keep unwanted heat from entering your home.
- Set your thermostat up a few degrees. Raising your thermostat up just a few degrees can make a big difference in energy use.
- Unplug chargers and electronics. Even when an appliance or electronic device is not in use, it is using energy when plugged in. A quick check of outlets can make a difference.
- Turn off lights. Do a quick walk through of your home and ensure all lights are turned off.
- Make your dinner plans. Consider grilling, going out to eat, or a cold meal option to avoid using kitchen appliances which use energy and heat up the home.
It is quick and easy for you to save throughout the summer. Visit My Account for customized tips based on your home or visit atlanticcityelectric.com/waystosave to learn more about energy saving programs.